WAHA’s senior league offers an opportunity for adults 18 and over to continue to play hockey after high school.
You do not need a team to join as all team rosters are set by league officials. If you have special requests for teammates, please send an email to wheelinghockey at gmail.com. All reasonable requests will be considered, although cannot be guaranteed.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE IS OCTOBER 20.
The teams will be determined on the following weekend (October 21-23) and you must be signed up prior to October 20 to be placed on a team.
1. Be sure you are registered with USA Hockey first. You will need your confirmation number before proceeding to the next step. https://www.usahockeyregistration.com/login_input.action
2. Register with WAHA. https://wvwaha.sportngin.com/register/form/894691649
All payment is handled through the registration website. No cash or checks.
Days and Times
Thursday @ TBD (Most likely around 9:30pm)
Friday & Saturday @ 10:30pm
Start date is TBD, but could be as soon as the week of October 24.
Thursdays are pick-up hockey with no refs. All registered players are welcome. You must be registered with the league in order to participate in Thursday pick-ups.
Friday and Saturday nights will be league games.
- All players will be divided up into teams. There will be 4 teams to start.
- Each team will have one game per week, either Friday or Saturday night.
- Captains and league officials will have a draft system for determining teams. While requests to play with certain players will try to be honored, players may need to be separated in order to maintain competitive balance.
- Each game will have a USA Hockey certified ref.
- Games will be (3) 20 minute running clock periods.
- Playoffs TBD
The season, including pick-up, will be broken up into 2 halfs. The 1st half will run the start of the season (mid-October) up to and including the New Years Weekend. The 2nd half will be from early January until the end of the season (early March). Players are welcome to sign up for either half, or both.
All players must be registered with USA Hockey.
Full Season: $250
1st Half Only: $135
2nd Half Only: $135
All players should use their previous WAHA Senior League reversible jersey. If you do not have a reversible jersey, one will be ordered. Cost of the jersey is $20. Until you receive your jersey, please bring a dark and light jersey.
Goalies should contact Jon Klug prior to registration.
How Can I Play Senior League For Free?
In order to qualify for free senior league, you must meet the below requirements:
- Travel Hockey Coach and Little Pens.
- 3 out 4
1. In-House Coach
2. Power Skating Coach with 90% attendance
3. Goalie Clinic Coach/Shooter with 90% attendance
4. Referee in Wheeling (only need 2 out 4 if reffing)
So if you sign up to be a ref (see below about how to and contact info) and come help at goalie clinic for an hour once a week, you can play for free and make money.
If you meet the above qualifications, please register with USA Hockey and send me your confirmation number in order to be registered with the league.
If you would like more information regarding this offer, please contact Jon Klug (hockeygoalie37 – at – gmail – dot – com).
If you are interested in coaching at the lower levels, please contact Stef Brannare (sbrannare – at – mccoywealthmgmt – dot – com) and Tim Roberts (troberts – at – mccoywealthmgmt – dot – com). Coaches have the opportunity to lower their league fees.
If you are a USA Hockey certified referee interested in officiating senior league games, please contact Jon Klug. If you are interested in becoming a ref, please contact Dave Eckman (daveeckman – at – comcast – dot – net) for additional information. Referees will be paid per game, and this can be used to offset your league fees.
Please sign up by October 15.
Visit us on Facebook.